Adding additional admins allows you to delegate tasks like approving comments or member requests and removing spammy content or comments. Adding one or more co-admins helps share your workload, and your group thrives.
An admin adds anyone in the group by sending an invitation. But the point is how to make someone an admin on the Facebook group. In this blog post, we will walk through a guide on adding admin to a Facebook group.
How to add an admin to your Facebook group using a Mobile App?
Admin of the group is the main and powerful character who controls every activity. When a Facebook group increases to a certain size, controlling it by a single admin is frustrating. So, adding another person as an admin to your group is essential. Follow the guide and learn how to add admin to the Facebook account. Also, check the Share Facebook Reels.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile.
- Go to the groups and tap on your group.
- Go to the group settings.
- Click on the members list of your group.
- Now, find the person you want to make admin.
- Tap on Send an invitation, and the member will receive an invitation notification.
- Once he clicks on confirm, he will be assigned an admin role.
How to add a Facebook group admin on your iPhone?
If you are using an iPhone, there are the same steps you follow on the Android device. Facebook app has a different layout on iOS devices but the same steps to add admin to the Facebook group as you did in Android. Let’s have a look at the steps below:
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Click on the three dots to open the menu.
- Click on the groups and next tap on your groups.
- Tap on your group to open it.
- Open your group and go to the members.
- Choose a member that you want to add as admin.
- Tap on “Make (Member Name) as Admin.”
- Invitation will be sent to the selected member.
How to add admin to the Facebook group on the desktop?
Adding any member as an admin on a PC is simple but different from iPhone and Android. Follow some steps on PC to add any member as admin:
- Open the Facebook website on your PC.
- Click on the new feed on the left side menu.
- Select groups and open this option.
- You will see an option “groups you manage.”
- Tap on this option and find members.
- Select a member of the group whom you’d like to designate as an admin.
- Tap on “sending an invite.”
Note: When the selected person accepts the invitation, he has full access to all activities and settings of the group.
Some benefits of having multiple admins of the Facebook group
As the number of group members increases daily, having multiple admins of the Facebook group becomes essential. More than one admin is needed to manage group posts and security effectively. Having multiple admins in a Facebook group can be a valuable asset to maintaining the sustainability and success of the group. Here are some benefits of having more than one admin of the Facebook group in 2023:
- Multiple admins distribute the workload of managing posts, comments, etc. Having admins from different time zones is better when you have a global group.
- Multiple admins manage the group efficiently and run it smoothly. Managing the group, including approving new members, responding to queries, participating in discussions, and moderating content.
- When multiple admins monitor the group, an intensive layer of security will be added against inappropriate and spammy comments and content.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is it possible for a Facebook group without any admins to exist?
Yes, it is possible when all group admins leave the group. In such cases, Facebook will ask the group members or moderators to take charge of the group. If no one responds or takes charge of the group, it will be archived, which means it will not be visible to anyone.
Does the moderator have the same access as the group admin?
No, moderators don’t have complete access to the group. They have access to various tasks like approving and denying member requests. They remove the posts or comments that violate the Facebook group rules. Admins and moderators have different tasks; the admin can do the moderators’s tasks, but the moderator can’t. Admin of a Facebook group has complete access to the group.
When we add new admins, can they remove the existing admin?
Yes, they join the group; they can remove an admin except the admin who created a Facebook group. So, add someone as an admin should be your trusted friend or member.
Who will review and approve my request to join a private Facebook group?
The admin or moderator of the group on Facebook will review your request.
Adding multiple group admins is the best practice to enhance the organization and ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the group. When you add a member as an admin, you give him full access to your group. A new admin has the same access to the group as other admins have, but until you are a group creator.