You would have noticed that the Instagram handles of brands have their store or outlet locations in the bio. If you also have a business account, add a location to your Instagram bio to avail potential customers. And if you need help with how to add location on Instagram bio, this article is for you.
Adding location to your business account can help your customers to find you offline. It works great for those looking for your products or services in your area. Thus, it helps skyrocket your sales.
How to add location on Instagram bio: Everything you need to know
You can easily add a location on Instagram bio in two ways. The first method is to add a location via a Facebook page. The second is to add the location to your Instagram bio directly. The first one works only if you have an Instagram business account. While the second one works regardless of a business or personal account.
1. Add location to Instagram via Facebook Page
The perk of using this method is it lets you show your location on Instagram map. Moreover, you can tag that location in your Instagram stories or posts. You must have a Facebook page( for your business) and a business Instagram account. Here is how you do it:
- In your Facebook app, tap on three tiles in the upper right corner and tap Feed
- In Feed, tap on pages
- Tap on the page you want to add location to
- If you have a personal account, it will ask you to switch the page to a business page. Tap ”switch” and all done. Otherwise, you won’t be able to proceed further
- On the page, tap on About
- Tap on ‘’Contact and Basic info” then tap on ‘’add your address’’ and then put in your address
- Then tap ‘’save’’
- If not done already, connect your Facebook page to your Instagram account, and you’re home
- To connect your Facebook page with Instagram head to Instagram App and click on “Edit Profile”
- Then tap on ‘’Page’’ and tap on ‘’Connect or create”
- Then tap on ‘’Connect an existing page” and choose the page you want to connect
- All done and now your page location will show in the bio
2. Add location to Instagram Bio
If you are still trying to figure out how to add location on Instagram, this method must work for you. It is straightforward to drop in a location link or write it down to your Instagram account bio. Here are the simple methods to do it.
Type in your location on Instagram
- Launch the Instagram mobile app and tap the “profile icon”
- Tap on ‘’Edit profile’’ and then ‘’Contact options”
- Tap on ‘’Business address’’ and enter your Street address, suburbs/City, and ZIP code accordingly
- Tap ‘’Done’’ to save changes
Drop location link to Instagram
- Launch the Google Maps app on your phone, type in, and search the location you want to add
- Once the location appears, tap share and then copy it
- Now launch the Instagram app and tap on the profile picture
- Then tap on ‘’Edit profile” and under links, tap on ‘’Add links”
- Next, tap to ”add external link” and then paste the location link you copied before
- You can also name it. Then tap “ Done’’ and refresh the page
- Now you will see your location on Instagram bio
What are the benefits of adding location to Instagram bio?
You must recognize the potential benefits of adding a location to your Business Instagram bio. Here are a few of them:
- Enhanced visibility: If you want better visibility of your business store or outlet, especially in your area, you must add location to your Instagram bio. When people search for terms related to your business, Google will suggest your location, enhancing your business visibility.
- Better engagement: People prefer to authenticate your business before interacting with you, and a location in your Instagram bio itself is an authentication. Moreover, a physical business is considered more secure than an online fly-by-night firm.
- More sales: The biggest perk of adding a location to your Instagram bio is increased sales. People will trust your physical business and can come for a change or refund if something goes wrong. In a nutshell, adding location to a business Instagram account brings more conversions.
I added my location on Instagram; why it’s not showing?
If you added your address to your business Instagram and it is not showing, don’t worry. It is because you’ve disabled the option to show your contact information and address. You can enable it back with easy steps:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your business account profile picture
- Then tap ‘’Edit Profile’’ and then tap ‘’profile display’’
- Enable the ‘’Display Contact info’’ if it is disabled
- Then tap ‘’save changes’’ and refresh the page
- Now you have your address showing in your bio
Why Can’t I add a Location on my Instagram bio?
You must have a Business Instagram account to add a location or address to your Instagram bio. You likely have a personal account if you don’t see any option to add a location. Still, if you want to add a location in Instagram bio of your personal account, you can type in plain text.
How to add location on Instagram Story?
If you want to let your followers know your business location, you can add a location to your Instagram story. Here is how you do it:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the ‘’+’’ icon on the profile page
- Swipe right to create a story
- Then select a desired picture or video from the gallery
- Add a sticker and then tap the location
- Search your location or add it as a link
- Then tap the arrow icon to post the location on your story
How to switch from a personal to a Business account on Instagram
To grow your business via Instagram, you must switch from a standard or personal account to a business Instagram account. Otherwise, you will miss some extra perks. Here is how you can do it:
- Launch the Instagram mobile app and tap on your profile photo
- Tap on three tiles menu and then tap on ‘’Settings’’
- Then select ‘’Account” and then tap ‘’Switch to professional account’’
- Then, tap ‘’Continue’’ and select a ‘’category’’
- Then select ‘’Business’’
- Then tap ”next” and skip the setting, which you can adjust later on
- Now you have a Business Instagram account
Adding your business address or location to your business Instagram account bio requires just five to seven minutes. Instagram has almost 1.39 billion Instagram users and is currently the best platform for business and marketing. You will miss an excellent opportunity to enhance your brand’s visibility, legitimacy, and client trust if you don’t utilize Instagram to its full potential.
So, make sure to add a location to your Instagram. After reading this guide, I hope you won’t need to search for how to add location on Instagram bio. Cheers!