Instagram celebrated its 10th anniversary by showing users how to change the Instagram app icon on their phone’s home screen. The new update featured a pack of the social media platform’s old logos. If you are an iPhone or iPad user with the latest iOS version, you will have even more fun customizing your app icon.
To create the custom style for Instagram on iPadOS, you will have to use the Shortcuts App, while on an Android phone, you will have to install a third-party App or a launcher to change it.
This blog post will discuss changing the Instagram application icon from settings on your mobile.
How to Change the Instagram App Icon from the Settings?
To change the badge from your Phone’s Settings:
- visit the App Store and update Instagram to the latest version.
- Launch the Application on your phone and open your profile from the bottom right corner.
- From the top right corner, click on the hamburger option.
- A pop-up menu will appear. Now select the Settings option from this menu.
- Open the Settings page and scroll down until you find a line of emojis to guide your way. Once you reach the end of the emoji, you will confetti once.
- all Instagram icon options are now available on the hidden app screen.
- Select the custom style you want to switch to, and from here, you can pick the Classic Polaroid Camera, original Logo, or any other style that you find appealing.
- Once you select a style, you will see a pop-up confirming the change. Click “OK” to dismiss this pop-up.
NOTE: This process applies to both the iPhone and Android equally.
You will see an updated icon when you open Instagram on your phone.
How to Change Your Instagram Icon on iPhone or iPad Using the Shortcuts App?
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can use the Shortcuts Application to give any unique custom style for Instagram. To make such changes, there are some prerequisites you must follow. For instance, you must run iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 or higher with the Shortcuts Application installed and the images you want to use. Once you have all the pieces in your place, follow the below-mentioned steps to change any app’s image.
- select the Plus (+) icon in the top-right corner of the Shortcuts app.
- Under Next Action Suggestions, choose Open App.
- Click the Application and scroll down until you find Instagram.
- Tap the hamburger option from the top right corner.
- Then, choose Add to Home Screen. Under Add to Home Screen, choose the Image buttonto select the image for your custom icon.
- Now choose from Take Photo, Choose Photo, or Choose File to add the desired image.
- You will see the New Shortcut Field. From there, choose Instagram.
- Now click on the Add Button.
- If you want to hide the original icon from your phone’s Home Screen, press and hold on to it for a few seconds and choose Remove App> Remove from Home Screen.
Now you are done! The new custom Instagram image on your iOS device features the name Instagram and the image you selected.
How to Change Instagram Icon on an Android Phone?
If you have an Android phone and want to change the image for Instagram, you will have a couple of options to do this. You must install a third-party application on your device to do so.
Using a Third-Party App:
Multiple applications on the Google Play Store let you change icons for any application. Many of these applications are free to download and install. You will have to make purchases for extra features, while many applications rely on ads to unlock certain features. Here, we will demonstrate the process of changing the image for Instagram by using the X Icon Changer.
- Download and install the X Icon Changer from the Google Play Store.
- Tap and hold for a few seconds on a blank spot on your Home Screen, then choose
- Scroll down until you come across X Icon Changer. Press and hold on to it for a few seconds.
- Scroll through the list of apps to find Instagram.
- Now, select the image you want to use. You can choose from pre-made options, take a photo, or choose from the existing files in your library.
- After selecting a custom image, click on OK.
Like many other apps, you must wait a few seconds to skip ads in this X Icon Changer.
Using a Launcher:
Installing a launcher on your phone is another way to change an Instagram icon. Most of the launchers let you customize the icons for any application, along with customizing the appearance of your phone. Here, we will demonstrate the process by taking the example of the Smart Launcher. So, let’s discuss the steps.
- Download and install the Smart Launcher from the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Run the launcher and finish the initial setups. You will get a pop-up to upgrade to one of the premium subscription tiers. Whether you keep using the free version or paid is up to you.
- From the list of apps, choose Instagram. Tap and hold on to it until a pop-up menu appears. From this menu, choose the Edit icon.
- Now, choose from the available options and set them on Instagram. You can choose images from your phone’s gallery, Smart Launcher packs, or any other packs as an icon on Instagram.
How to Change Your Instagram App Highlight Icon?
If you want to improve the aesthetics of your profile, then knowing how to change the Story Highlight badge on Instagram will do wonders for you. Changing the Highlight icon is super easy. So, follow the basic steps below.
- Download and install the Canva application on your device and search for the “Instagram Story” option.
- Select the background color and adjust it according to your preferences.
- Tap the “+” button from the bottom and choose “Graphics.”
- Select the specific graphic you want to use as an icon.
- After editing, save the Highlight option to your phone.
- To use this as a new Highlight Cover, upload it to your Story.
- Add this to the Highlight Album for later use.
- To use this style, open your Highlights, choose the album in which you saved it and change the Highlight badge on your Stories.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Change Instagram Story’s Background Color?
Follow the step below and change the background color on your Instagram story:
- Tap the New Post Option.
- From there, select Story> Create.
- Click the Circle Color Wheel at the bottom to explore available colors.
- Click Tap to Type to enter your desired texts in your Story.
- When you are satisfied, tap Done.
How Do You Change the Instagram Icon in 2023?
To do this in 2023:
- Click the image option under Home Screen and select your desired image.
- Add an image through Take Photo, Choose Photo, or Choose File.
- Choose Instagram in the New Shortcut application.
- Click the Add button and finish.
Now, it’s clear from the above steps how to change the Instagram app icon on your iOS and Android. You can change the Instagram icon through your Phone’s Settings, the Shortcuts App on your iOS, or third-party apps on your Android device.
Thus, follow the steps mentioned above for each device and set your desired custom style for Instagram!