When you use Facebook over time, your application may start working slowly because the cache fills up with unnecessary data. You have to clear the cache because of storage space concerns and the slow running of the application. So, clear the cache on Facebook will boost and speed up your app if you face issues. In this article, I will provide a step-by-step guide to help you clear your computer, Android, and IOS cache.
How to clear Facebook cache on Android?
Facebook app on your Android stores unnecessary temporary files, which may lead to slow performance and loading issues within the app and device. To clear the Facebook cache on Android device, you must follow simple steps to clear your phone.
- Open the settings of your Android device.
- Select “apps & notifications”.
- Scroll down and find the Facebook app.
- Tap on the application, and you will find two buttons.
- There will be two buttons: clear Facebook cache and uninstall.
- Tap on the clear button, and the cache will clear.
- After clearing the cache, open the app to experience its performance. You will notice it starts fresh and speed up.
You must clear the cache data weekly for the best performance of your Facebook mobile and free up storage.
How to clear Facebook Cache on an iPhone?
Keeping your phone and browser up-to-date is key to ensuring the best performance and avoiding future issues. Clear Facebook cache on iPhone or iPad is difficult and differs from Android. There are two ways to clear the cache on your iPhone.
- Open the settings in your IOS device.
- Choose general and then storage.
- Scroll down to find the Facebook app.
- Then click on clear cookies, and the cache will be clear.
Step 2: (Delete Facebook App)
In this process, you will uninstall the Facebook app from your iPhone, and you will have to install the app again from the store.
- Open the settings.
- Choose general and then storage.
- Find the Facebook app.
- Click on the offload app, and the app will be uninstalled from your device.
- Reinstall the app from your app store. The Facebook cache on your iPhone will be cleared, improving your app and performance.
When you delete app, your personal data, credentials, and data will not be deleted. But the cache was removed from your Facebook stores.
How to Clear Your Facebook Cache on a Computer?
- Open your web browser that you are using ( google Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Click on the right side of the address bar.
- Click on the site data and cookies.
- Tap on clear site and cookies; all browser cache will be cleared.
- But if you want only to clear the cache of the Facebook app, then you will search the Facebook app, find Facebook, and only clear the Facebook app cache.
How to clear the cache in the Facebook mobile app?
Clear the Facebook app’s cache will reduce lag and improve the app’s performance. Clear cache in the application with just a few simple steps.
- Open your Facebook application.
- Open the settings of your Facebook app.
- Find the browser settings.
- Open the browser settings and clear all searches.
- Also, the cache and browsing data will be cleared.
- After clearing the cache, Facebook may take time to reload photos and videos. It’s load time will increase.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is Cache? Can you please explain?
The cache is a record and temporary data stored on your device, giving you access to the pages you’ve visited earlier.
Why should I clear my cache on Facebook?
The cache is the temporary internet files that slow loading times of the app and device and may cause storage space on your device and lagging issues. So, it’s necessary to clear caches to improve your device and data. Free up space by clearing app cache.
Can I lose my data while cleaning the cache from my phone?
No, you can not lose your data; it will remove only unnecessary and temporary files. A clear cache does not clear data from your device; it removes unnecessary internet files.
Can I clear Facebook cache on my computer?
Yes, Facebook collects cache like mobile, but it will not allow you to clear individually. You have to clear all cookies on your desktop. Clear your browser’s cache, and your desktop performance improves.
Can removing the cache will affect my Facebook account?
No, it will not affect your account when you delete the app cache, while it will speed up your app performance. Moreover, it will not also affect your Facebook messenger.
The cache will be cleared when I delete the Facebook app?
Caches will be cleared automatically when you remove or delete your Facebook app.
Clear cache on Facebook helps to maintain the performance of your application and device. When you clear the cache, it will reduce lagging while using your phone. It’s easy to clear cookies data from your browser, Android, and IOS app. Follow our guides step by step. You will ensure you are using the Facebook app’s most recent version.