Facebook Messenger is a popular social app that allows users to send messages, call and share videos and photos with friends and family. Sometimes, you want to take a break or no longer use this app. In this case, you can uninstall the messenger app or deactivate the account. If you deactivate your account it will hide your profile and messages from others, and will not be able the send messages until you reactivate Facebook.
In this article, we will discuss, how to deactivate Facebook Messenger on Android, iPhone and PC and the benefits and drawbacks of deactivating Facebook Messenger.
What Happens When You Deactivate Messenger?
The following things happen when you deactivate Messenger;
- Deactivating Facebook Messenger will help you to improve your mental health. It can be a source of stress and anxiety in some people. It can make you feel pressured to reply quickly and miss out on the real experience. By deactivating your account, you can enjoy your offline relationships.
- Deactivating your Facebook messenger account means that you will no longer be able to send or receive messages from your messenger content. You can’t see your previous conversation or not access the other features of messengers including, stickers, emojis, voice notes, video calls, etc.
- Deactivating the messenger account requires deactivating your Facebook account first because both are linked together. so you will lose access to your profile, timeline, pages, and groups.
How To Deactivate Facebook Messenger 2023?
The deactivating of the account will hide your profile and messages from other users and also you can’t use Messenger until you not reactivate your account.
The deactivation process of the Facebook messenger is straightforward. Everyone can easily deactivate their accounts in a few steps. Follow these steps to deactivate your messenger:
How To Deactivate a Messenger Account On Android?
Follow these steps to deactivate the account on Android devices
- Open the messenger app.
- Tap the setting icon.
- Scroll down and tap on Account Center”
- Under the account centre, click on “Personal Details”
- Next, you can see “Account OwnersNow bend Control” click on it.
- Now you will be taken to the “Deactivation And Deletion page” where you can temporarily or permanently delete your account.
How to Deactivate Messenger Account On iPhone?
- Open the App on a mobile device.
- Click on the tree lines on the top left side of the screen.
- Tap on Setting.
- Go to the account centre.
- Next, go to account ownership and control.
- Tap deactivation and deletion.
- Select deactivate or deletion.
How To Deactivate Facebook Messenger App On Desktop?
Here are the following steps to deactivate your messenger app;
- Log in to Facebook on pc and go to the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Click on settings and privacy.
- Then select setting.
- Now click on the privacy option.
- Select “Your Facebook Information”
- Scroll down and you will find out the deactivate your account option.
- If you want to deactivate the account or permanently delete the account. Choose the deactivate or delete option. Click on the option to deactivate.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Messenger deactivation?
Messenger deactivation is a way to temporarily disable Messenger, which will hide your profile, messages and other messenger activities.
How I can delete Messenger without deleting Facebook?
You can’t delete Messenger without deleting your Facebook account.
How I can log in messenger account on my PC?
To log into the messenger on the computer, follow the steps
- open your browser and go to www.messenger.com.
- Put your login information such as username and password.
- Click login.
In this article, we learned about the benefits and drawbacks and how to deactivate or delete Facebook Messenger. The account deactivation methods are an easy process that allows you to take a break from Messenger or stop using it together. Steps are mentioned above in the content that you read. Moreover, we discuss the pros and cons of the deactivation of Messenger.
Some pros include enhanced privacy, spending less time on social media, and control over personal data. on the other hand, the cons are; losing connectivity with friends, missing digital business opportunities and more.