YouTube is a video-sharing platform and a storehouse of music, sound effects, and tracks. Sometimes, the music behind a video is so attractive that you are more attracted to the video’s soundtrack or audio than the video itself and want to download it.
If you are interested in the audio of a YouTube video but don’t know how to download audio from YouTube, don’t worry. Here is a detailed guide on how to save YouTube audio for free.
This guide will help you SAVE royalty-free music, sound effects, and meditation tracks to play offline at leisure. We will mention different software and websites that will make getting your audio a piece of cake!
How to Download Music from YouTube Premium?
First, you must sign up for YouTube Premium. By paying a monthly subscription package or fee, you can access your favorite songs, podcasts, and videos offline without having an internet connection.
The premium version also offers to stream video and audio without ads. Thus, if you are interested in YouTube services, subscribe to their premium plan and enjoy the music of your choice.
You must first sign up for premium YouTube to save music or watch videos offline. Here is how you can do this.
- Open YouTube on your desktop and click the YouTube Premium tab on the left under the “More from YouTube section.”
- Tap the YouTube premium button on the page.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts for easy sign-up.
After signing, you can easily save a video directly from YouTube. Here are the key steps to download a video:
- Open a video you would like to save.
- Click on the download button.
- Your video will start downloading automatically.
However, if you are looking for cheaper ways to save songs, video audio, soundtrack, or background music from YouTube, always extract audio from a YouTube video.
Some websites and software offer to remove the music tracks from videos, convert them into music files, save them to your phone or computer, and listen to them offline.
How to Download Audio from YouTube to Android Using Video Converter?
Using video-to-audio converting apps is one of the easiest ways to save music to your Android phone without registration.
Let’s look at some popular or the best YouTube video-converting apps.
VIDMATE is a flexible video converter app that helps you instantly download audio versions of YouTube videos to your Android device. The app has a user-friendly UI. Thus, search for your preferred video through the search bar on VIDMATE and save the video at different quality levels.
- Access more than 200 live TV channels through this app.
- User-friendly interface with simple navigation.
- Browsevideos from other websites, including Instagram and Facebook, besides YouTube.
- High HD-quality live streaming.
- Free to use.
- Not available on the Official Google Play Store for Android
- Not available on iOS
- Features ads
ATUBE CATCHER is a dual-purpose utility software that helps you save and convert files. Install the app on your phone and PC; It helps you convert YouTube videos into music files in different formats.
ATUBE CATCHER features sound recorders and an integrated screen, making conversion easy. You can also convert video to MP3 files from TikTok, Facebook, SnackVideo, Twitter, Vimeo, and other platforms.
- Features no ads
- User-friendly interface with great features
- Saveand convert videos from different platforms.
- Slower than other video-converting apps.
How to Download Audio from YouTube Video to iPhone?
Want to download a video’s audio on YouTube to your iPhone? Use Safari or your preferred search engine. Simply head over to Videosolo on the web browser or install the app for PC or iOS. Paste the video’s URL and save the file to your iPhone for free. You can also use YouTube Premium to browse the audio of any video directly.
How to Download YouTube Audio for Free on Mac and Windows/PC?
The simplest and easiest way to save the music from videos on YouTube is to convert them to audio using a website or online converter. Here are different websites and online tools to save YouTube audio online for free.
Y2Mate is one of the best video downloaders that helps you download music from YouTube, Facebook, Youku, Dailymotion, and others. The app has an easy-to-use interface, helping people to use it easily.
Here is how you can use it!
- Visit the Y2Mate website.
- Copy and paste the link to the YouTube video on the website.
- Convert it to music by clicking the Orange or green buttons for MP4 conversion.
- That’s all!
- Supports all the standard audio formats
- Compatible with all web browsers. No registration is needed
- Upload the audio to DropBox or Google Drive.
- It is not compatible with other video-sharing websites like Vimeo and Dailymotion.
VIDEOPROC is another website to save YouTube Sound on Mac and Windows. It saves and converts YouTube to MP3, M4A, MP4, MKV, and many other formats. You can also use it for batch file conversion.
This video converter allows you to save content from over 1000 websites, such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, audio, video, playlists, and channels.
- Easy to use, small size, and quick speed for download.
- Achieve 47x real-time conversion speed without losing audio quality.
- Offers the best options for downloading, converting, editing, and recording any video or music.
- Supports more than 420 output formats along with 370 input codecs.
- Use Dolby Digital 5.1 channel surround sound to convert video to audio.
- No smartphone version is available.
4K Download MP3:
4K Download MP3 is another website or YouTube video converter that helps you convert and save YouTube audio. It works with multiple websites, including VEVO, Soundcloud, Vimeo, and YouTube.
You can also use it on Windows, macOS, and Android apps. Thus, use it to convert videos to MP3 without any registration.
- Excellent, easy-to-use interface.
- Easily adjust audio quality.
- Listen to files on the 4K MP3 software.
- Compatible with numerous websites.
- Speed up your browsing using its “Smart Mode.”
- Need to install two different applications, free and paid versions.
Converto is a reliable web-based tool that helps you convert YouTube videos and podcasts to music for long-term usage.
Follow these steps to save YouTube music using Converto.
- Go to the Converto downloader, copy and paste the YouTube video link, and click the download button. It will automatically search for your video.
- Select MP3 in the dropdown and click the ‘Convert’ button.
- Please wait for some time, as it will take a little time for conversion, depending on the file size.
- You will receive a notification to save the file after the conversion. Now click the “Click here” button to save the audio to your desktop.
320YouTube is a great YouTube convertor that helps you browse YouTube audio in different quality. There are the following ways to browse music using 320YouTube.
Method 1: Directly Through YouTube
- Type ‘320’ in the YouTube video URL you want to download, as shown below.
- It will direct you to the 320YouTube convertor page. Tap the “Download MP3” button to download the audio file.
Method 2: Via 320YouTube Converter Website
- Visit 320YouTube website. Copy and paste the video URL and hit the “Convert” box.
- You will see the video you want to download on the left-hand side. Now click the “Download MP3” button for conversion.
YTMP3 is one of the easiest-to-use audio converters due to its user-friendly interface. You can use it to convert a 90-minute video to an audio file.
Here is how you can use this converter.
- Visit the YTMP3 website and select the MP3 option in the blue bar. Copy and paste the URL in the white box. Now hit the “Convert” button.
- Tap the “Download” button.
- That’s all!
Many other YouTube converters help you convert YouTube videos to audio files. These converters include YouTube to MP3 Convertor, MP3Download.to converter, and many others.
How to Bulk Download YouTube Video to MP3 for Free on Windows and Mac?
Installing a single reliable video converter software on your system is better if you want to bulk download music to your PC. Free YouTube to MP3 Converter is a quick and flexible tool to convert videos to audio files.
Here is the step-by-step guide on converting videos to music using this video converter.
- Visit Free YouTube to MP3 Convertor and hit the “Download button. The tool is compatible with both Windows or PC and MacOS systems.
- Install and launch the convertor on your system. Now, copy and paste the YouTube video link. It will show your video in the workspace. This way, you can add multiple videos following the same process.
- Hit the blue “Download” button to download a single video.
- To download other files, simply click on the downward arrow.
- It may take some time to download your converted video file, depending on the length and size of the video.
Is It Legal to Extract Audio from YouTube?
Yes! Downloading music from YouTube with a YouTube Premium subscription is legal. Moreover, you can also use YouTube Studio for this purpose. However, downloading copyrighted music is prohibited without the permission of the owner.
Another question is whether this kind of conversion and download is legal. Well, it depends on the type of video you want to convert.
You can easily convert and download Public domain, non-copyrighted, and private YouTube videos. Get these videos by searching “public domain” and “non-copyrighted” content.
It is illegal to convert and download Creative Common-Licensed music; in other words, copyrighted music.
Here are some key points to remember while converting videos from YouTube.
- You can convert your own YouTube video to create an audio file.
- It is legal to download audio effects from your own videos. In the case of other people’s videos, you will need their consent or permission.
- You will also need permission to convert YouTube videos from another user’s channel to MP3.
- You can only post MP3 files on your channel that you have converted, along with the URLs to the original YouTube videos.
You can start a website as secure and dependable before it turns malicious. To ensure the website’s safety, use authentic and working antivirus software before using any website or video converter to convert a video on YouTube.
Now it’s clear how to download audio from YouTube. But before downloading YouTube music, ensure it is not copyrighted and does not feature any permission issues after ensuring that you buy a YouTube Premium subscription or use different apps like VIDAMTE and ATUBECATCHER to convert and download audio from YouTube. Mac and Windows have different websites and video converters, including Y2Mate, VideoProc, Converto, 320YouTube, YTMP3, and many others.
Thus, use any tool or converter mentioned above to download audio from a video!
Frequently Asked Questions About Downloading YouTube Music
How to download YouTube audio to Google Drive?
Downloading YouTube audio to Google Drive is easy. Use YouTube Premium or a YouTube downloader to download a YouTube video. After that, drag and drop the audio MP3 file into your phone’s Google Drive. That’s all!
How do you download audio on a Chromebook?
To download music for a YouTube video to your Chromebook, ensure downloading the YouTube app from the Google Play Store. Open the app and hit the download button inside the app. The video and audio you downloaded will appear in your gallery. You can also use YouTube to MP3 Convertor for Chromebooks if you cannot access the YouTube app.
How to download music from YouTube Shorts?
To download YouTube Shorts audio, click the share button next to it and copy its URL. Paste the video link into an online video downloader and then download it as an audio file. You can also use YouTube Studio for this purpose.
How long will YouTube Premium keep the downloaded audio?
YouTube Premium will keep the downloaded video or audio file for 48 hours. After that, you cannot listen to the file as it will expire. Download the audio file to your phone or computer using a reputable video downloader for longer use.