Live videos on Instagram are a great way to show your daily life events and what is happening in real time to your followers and other accounts on Instagram. Previously, before the removal of the IGTV feature from Instagram in 2021, it was easy for users to search and access live videos on the platform. All you had to do was simply search for IGTV on the Instagram search bar and choose which live video you wanted to watch.
However, with the removal of the IGTV feature from this social media platform, most users are wondering how to find Instagram lives. They are looking for different approaches to find live broadcasts on the platform.
Here in this article, we will discuss different methods to find live videos on Instagram stories. So, read the steps ahead.
How to Find Instagram Live Videos from The Following List?
The process of finding Live videos on Instagram is quick and easy. You can join the Lives on Instagram from the accounts you follow and check out the Lives of some random accounts.
Here is a way to find and watch Live videos of the accounts you follow on Instagram without doing something special.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone or web browser. Sign in using your login ID and password. If you don’t already have an account, create an account by signing up.
- From your profile’s main Feed, explore the Story list and look for the profile featuring the word Live with a colorful ring around it. Choose the story with Live and join the Live section.
- Now, you make comments and respond to other’s comments by liking or replying to them.
How to Find Random Lives on Instagram?
Finding Random Lives on Instagram could be difficult; sometimes, you may end up needing results. But worry not – there are some workarounds that you can follow to search Random Instagram Lives.
Finding Random Lives on iPhone and Android Mobile Apps:
Here are the key steps to find and watch Random Live Instagram Streams:
- Go to the Instagram app on your phone.
- From the front page, click the Search Icon at the bottom of your phone screen.
- From the popping menu, go to the Search Bar in the top section.
- Type the topic name or any keyword you want to search for, and click the Search icon. For iPhone, simply tap Search.
- From the search results, choose the Accounts tab.
- Now, choose the profile with ‘Live’ and watch the Live video.
Finding Random Live Videos on Web Browser:
To watch Random Live Instagram Streams on a web browser;
- Go to the Instagram app on your web browser.
- Head towards the Search Bar featured in the tap panel.
- Enter the topic name you intend to look for.
- Search results will show you a long list of accounts. Select the account with “Live”.
This way, you can easily watch Random videos going live or Replays of broadcasts on Instagram using a web browser.
How to Get Top Live on Instagram in 2023?
The two major ways to watch Instagram Lives are by visiting the Instagram Explore page and following additional users. There is no fixed location where you can go and watch Instagram Live. However, there are certain steps you can follow:
Step 1: San Notifications
If you want to see who is now active and live on Instagram, enable and open notifications on your device. Enabling Instagram notification Settings helps you receive notifications when someone goes live.
Step 2: Visit Instagram Explore Page
Using your Instagram Explore Page is another option to check if it is live now on Instagram. Utilize the Explore tab to look for IG users and their posted content based on your interests. This way, you can view the profiles of your followers, people you follow, and many other Instagram users.
Step 3: Follow More People on Instagram
You can also use the Instagram follow button to follow more people on the platform and see who has gone live. By following more people, your chances of seeing accounts that have gone live increase. Thus, visit the profile page of other IG users and tap the Follow option.
How to Start a Live Session on Instagram?
As you have learned how to find Live videos on Instagram, you must also be aware of starting your own live broadcasts on Instagram. To host a live stream on Instagram, follow the steps below.
- Open Instagram on your phone
- Click the Add option.
- After clicking the Add button, swipe to the Live Section.
- Click the Live Button at the bottom of your phone’s screen.
- Your device will check the internet connection. After scanning the connection, you will see your phone’s “You Are Live Now “message.
- If you want to end the Live stream, click the Exit Icon on the right side of your screen.
- After that, press End Video.
- Once you end the live broadcast, you will have these options: View in Live Archive, Discard Media, or Share. (On iPhone, you will not get the View in Live Archive option).
- So, select the option of your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Finding Live Videos on Instagram
How can I watch random Instagram live on Reddit?
To see Live videos on Instagram:
- Open Instagram on your phone and visit your Home Feed.
- Click the camera icon in the top-left corner or swipe right from anywhere in your Feed.
- Now, swipe left to choose the “Live” option from the bottom of your phone’s screen.
Why can’t I get the Instagram live option?
If you are not getting Instagram Live, it can be because you use multiple Instagram accounts. Therefore, try to access this feature from another account. If it still does not work, delete and reinstall the Instagram application. Moreover, you can also fix this issue by clearing cookies and restarting the application. Also, check the Change Instagram App Icon.
Can I know when someone goes live on Instagram?
Yes! You can know when someone starts a live video on Instagram, but it is only limited to those accounts you follow. To get this privilege, you must enable notifications for this feature.
To enable notifications on your device:
- Open the IG app and click on your profile picture.
- Now, click the three horizontal lines and choose Settings options.
- From Settings, choose Notifications and pick the Live and Reels option.
- Under the Live Video option, click On option.
Is there any time limitation on using the Instagram Live feature?
No! There are no time limitations on using this feature.
Since Instagram disabled the IGTV feature in 2021, IG users started wondering how to find Instagram Lives. But worry not- the workarounds discussed above make it easy to find live broadcasts. When someone you follow on Instagram shares a live stream, their profile appears with the word Live at the top of your Feed.
You can also find this option by searching the people who share live videos on the Explore page of Instagram.