Frame by frame means stepping through a video slowly by viewing one frame at a time, which helps to closely inspect the video at a slow speed instead of a regular fast speed. This technique allows you to watch one single YouTube video frame by frame at a time. This is particularly helpful when you are a video editor, graphic designer, animator, or director.
Are you wondering how this process takes place? If you are looking for a guide, How can you watch YouTube frame by frame? Then you are at the right place. In this article, we will provide you with a complete guide to watching frame-by-frame YouTube videos. There are some methods to Watch YouTube video frame by frame:
How to go Frame by Frame on YouTube Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Watching Frame by Frame on YouTube with your keyboard is a straightforward technique. You must follow these steps if you want to watch a YouTube video one frame at a time.
- Open the YouTube on your desktop.
- Find and Select your desired video by searching in the bar.
- Now pause the video by pressing the space or K key. Once you’ve paused the video, press the (.) period key to move forward 1 frame or comma (,) to move back to 1 frame. You can watch one frame to another by using left and right keys.
Some Alternative Methods to View Videos on YouTube
There are some other alternative methods to watch a YouTube video frame by frame. You can use third-party applications or Chrome extensions for videos you want to watch on YouTube.
Using Chrome extension to go Frame by Frame on YouTube.
You have to download a Chrome extension to use this method.
- Go to the web store on your Chrome.
- In the search bar, you have to search for the “Frame by Frame Extension.”
- You must select the extension that appears on the top.
- Click on “Add to Chrome,” and the extension will be added to Chrome.
- Now enable the extension and open the YouTube video.
- Now, you can use the left and right arrow keys to advance video frame by frame. The frame rate will be shown on the left side of the box.
Using third-party tools
Another method to watch a tutorial video frame by frame on YouTube is using third-party applications. You follow some simple steps to move Frame by Frame:
- First, copy the URL of your selected video.
- Go to the external website and paste the URL.
- Click on the Watch video and start watching.
- You can select the Frame settings on your own. Choose 1 Frame, 2 Frames, and 4 Frames.
How do you watch frame by frame on the Mobile App?
You can watch YouTube videos frame by frame on a desktop or third-party applications, but on a Mobile App, you can watch only 25% of its normal speed. Use the following steps to go frame by frame on the mobile app.
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile phone.
- You can browse the playlist or search the in-bar to find your specific video.
- There will be a cog or settings like an icon. Click on this icon.
- There will be several options, and you have to select playback speed. The playback speed will be normal by default.
- Now you have to set the speed of video on YouTube. You can set it to 0.75X, 0.5X, or 0.25X. But it would be best if you chose 0.25X.
- Play the video, and now you are watching a video at 0.25X.
Using video editing programs to go frame by frame
YouTube built-in Keyboard shortcuts that allow easy frame-by-frame analysis, and video editing programs can provide more robust options. Editing programs can help you with various steps :
- First, download the video that you want to scrutinize.
- Now upload your video to your editing platform, whether it’s Adobe Premiere, Davinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, or Kdenlive.
- You can control the playback and timeline to scrub through the clip frame by frame precisely.
- Use video editor tools to compare frames (Onion Skinning), grid your video overlays for analysis (Grid overlays), and workflows that are specific for slow-motion effects.
- You can use intricate frame-by-frame navigation and study through this video editing software.
Benefits of going frame-by-frame
The main benefit of going frame by frame is to analyze the video closely that we missed watching at normal speed. When advancing one frame at a time, you can spot the changes and tiny objects that you can’t watch during the real-time watching. Going frame by frame slows down fast motion so that each frame can be viewed individually. It is a useful video analysis technique for things like studying special effects, analyzing sports replays, or scrutinizing video. Moreover, frame-by-frame allows you to inspect the quality of your video, computer-generated images, special effects, and animation. For sports replays, it gives fans the power to parse pivotal moments in ultra-slow motion.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can YouTube short keys help us while watching videos?
Yes, YouTube keyboard shortcuts help you to save your time. For example, you can press the “F” key on your keyboard for full screen. Press “i” for mini-player mode, “T” for theater mode, etc.
Can we go with the Vimeo video player frame by frame?
Yes, it is possible to go with the Vimeo videos frame by frame. Must use the keyboard shortcuts “.” to advance one frame forward and “,” to go back one frame, just like YouTube.
In this article, we learn how to go frame by frame on YouTube. Now, you can view videos frame by frame to analyze videos precisely that you can not watch at real-time speed. Go frame by frame forward and backward with the help of shortcuts on the keyboard.