With online security concerns becoming more prevalent these days, knowing how to hide likes on Facebook helps you get more control over your activities on the world’s biggest social media platform.
From the Facebook app’s and website’s settings menu, you can easily control who can see the pages you like and the number of reactions to your posts. There is a different process for hiding Post Likes or reactions and Page Likes.
Follow our step-by-step guide for hiding your Facebook likes on Android, iOS, and Desktop versions of Facebook. And if you want these reactions to reappear on your Profile or Page, you can easily undo your changes.
How to Turn Off Likes and Reactions on Facebook?
Facebook is an ever-evolving social media network and keeps working on multiple ways to improve the mental health of its users. For example, earlier, the platform introduced the Take a Break feature, allowing users to restrict the people they want to connect with. And now, the company has introduced the option to hide likes or reactions on Facebook to all users worldwide.
Using this feature, you can hide the total number of reactions to posts you create on your F and disable like counts for posts from all other users on your Facebook newsfeed. Social media experts say this can positively affect the mental health of the users; that’s why Facebook has introduced that choice to users.
How to Hide Likes on Facebook Mobile App (iPhone and Android)
If you use Facebook on your iPhone or Android mobile, follow the steps below to hide likes on your posts. Ensure downloading latest version of the app from the Google Play Store or iOS App Store
- Open the Facebook app on your phone and click your Profile Picture labeled with Menu in the bottom right.
- Scroll down until you find Settings and Privacy. From this menu, click.
- This will lead you to the Preferences menu. Under Preferences, choose Reaction Preferences.
- Finally, set the toggle for “On Your Posts” under the Hide Number of Reactions.
- Enabling this feature will hide the likes from all your Facebook posts.
Hiding Likes Count on Facebook on a Desktop Web Browser (PC and Mac)
If you use Facebook on a desktop web browser, follow these steps to remove post likes on the Facebook website.
- Open your Profile on the Facebook website and click the Arrow icon at the top right.
- From the appearing menu, open the Settings and Privacy option.
- Now, from the popping-up menu, select News Feed Preferences.
- Scroll down the opening page until you find Reaction Preferences.
- Click this option and enable the toggle for “On Your Posts.”
- It will hide or remove the likes from all your Facebook posts.
Hide Like Counts from Other’s Posts
You can also hide the total number of reactions to the posts that others share on their News Feed, pages, and groups. It is important to note that other users will still see your reactions to posts unless this setting is enabled on their Facebook account as well.
Moreover, remember that you will still see all the reactions in places like Events, Facebook Marketplace, and Facebook Watch.
Hide the Number of Likes on the Facebook App:
- Open your Facebook profile and click the Menu
- From the Menu button, click the Settings cog.
- From Settings, under the Preferences option, choose Reaction Preferences.
- Enable the toggle for Post from Others.
On a Desktop Browser:
- Tap your Profile’s thumbnail on the top right.
- Scroll down, and from the Privacy and Settings menu, choose
- Under the preferences option, choose Reaction Preferences.
- Now, enable the toggle “On Posts from Others.”
That’s all from turning off the likes from other’s posts.
Hide Page Likes and Reactions on Facebook
Your favorite artists, brands, social media influencers, and public figures create Facebook Pages where they can engage and interact with their fans and customers. If you want to keep this private, you can hide the Facebook pages that you have liked.
There are two methods of disabling Facebook page likes.
Method 1: On Facebook App
- Open your Facebook profile and tap the Menu icon.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Settings under Privacy and Settings.
- Scroll down and click Audience and Visibility.
- From there, choose Followers and Public Content.
- Then, choose Who can see the People, Pages, and lists you follow.
- Now, from the appearing options, choose Public, Friends, Only Me, or select your customized list.
- Customize the list by tapping More and then Specific Friends.
- Add those people who cannot see the pages you are following to your list.
Method 2: On Desktop Web Browser:
- Open Facebook using a Desktop web browser and navigate to your profile page.
- From the Page, click the More
- From the popping-up menu, choose likes.
- From the Likes page, tap the submenu button on the right.
- From the appearing options, choose Edit the Privacy of your likes.
- Once you click this option, you will see a list of categories covering the Pages. Click the globe icon next to the category you want to hide your Like for.
- Once you select a category, Select Audience will appear.
- From there, choose Only Me, which ensures no one else will see if you have liked a page in that category.
- Open your Facebook profile in a desktop browser and click the menu button.
- From the menu, choose Settings and Privacy.
- From the sidebar, click
- From Privacy Settings and Tools, select Your Activity.
- From the Activity section, tap Edit beside Who can see the People, Pages, and lists you follow.
- From the available options, choose Friends, Specific friends or Only me.
NOTE: When you follow someone on Facebook, this may appear in your friend’s News Feed. And when you subscribe to pages or people, they will get notified that you are following them. They can see your name in the list of their page followers.
Hide Reaction Counts on Facebook Using an Extension
For some reason, if the Facebook settings page for removing like counts is not appearing on your account, you can install an extension or an add-on on your desktop browser. Follow the steps below to remove reactions using an extension.
- If you have Chrome or Microsoft Edge Browser on your computer, install the Hide Likes Extension for free. If you use Firefox, install this add-on in your browser for free.
- This extension not only disables likes on Facebook but also on Twitter and YouTube likes as well.
- Now, you will not have to do anything special; simply open the Facebook website in a browser, and the likes count from all your posts in your newsfeed will disappear. However, others can still see reaction counts on your posts.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you hide likes on Facebook Lite?
The process of removing reaction counts on Facebook Lite is similar to the original Facebook app.
Simply tap your Profile Picture > Settings and Privacy > Settings > News Feed Preferences > Reaction Preferences > On your Posts.
How to remove likes on Facebook Messenger?
Here are the steps to help you remove reaction counts on Facebook Messenger.
Open Profile icon > Settings and Privacy > Settings > News Feed Preferences > Reaction Preferences > Enabling toggle for on your posts.
Facebook Likes or reactions are a great way to manifest your interest and support towards specific content, but sometimes, these can change the perception of people’s posts. Hiding them can be an excellent strategy to increase engagement and limit the focus on likes and hearts.
Here, we discussed in detail how to hide likes on Facebook, whether using Facebook on a mobile app or browsing it through a web browser on your computer. Similarly, there is a workaround for hiding your Page likes on Facebook. For some reason, if the Facebook Settings page does not work, you can also use an extension on your browser to remove the likes count.