Instagram is a popular social media platform where you can share photos, videos, and other content with friends, family, and followers. But it is a source of stress because most people take pressure to get more likes and views on their posts. So, in this article, we will guide you on how to hide likes on Instagram posts and reels using your smartphones and desktop/laptop. Lets started!
What is Like Hiding?
Liking photos, videos, and other content on Instagram is a way to show how much your followers like your content. Here, you can like photos, videos, and stories before 24 hours late. Double tap to like the post, or tap on the heart option below the photo. The process is similar to the story: click on the heart icon to like the story. Also, check the Instagram icon customization.
How do you hide likes on Instagram posts while creating them?
It is easy to hide the likes count when you post your content on Instagram. Follow these steps to hide likes:
Step 1: Open Instagram
Open your Instagram Account.
Step 2: Edit Your Post
Create your new post.
Step 3: Hide Like Count
Scroll down and click on the “Advanced Setting.”
Under the “Likes and view counts,” click on the “Hide likes and view count on this post.”
Hiding Likes on Published Instagram Posts
If you wish to hide likes on all previously published posts, you need to post by post to hide likes, and that can be a time-consuming process. Follow these easy steps to hide likes:
Open your Instagram account to your Instagram profile.
Choose Your Post
Click on the post where you want to hide likes and click on the three dots at the top right corner.
Go to Setting
Tap on the “Hide likes” and enable the setting.
If you want to undo the setting, click on the “Unhide like count.”
How do you hide likes on Instagram Reels?
The process of hiding likes count on reels is familiar to the post. These are the steps that you need to follow:
On Mobile Device
- Open the Instagram App and create a reel on your smartphone.
- Before sharing the reels, scroll down and tap on the “Advanced Setting.”
- Turn on the “Hide Likes on this Reel.”
If you are using a laptop or desktop, you can’t post reels but have the feature to hide likes on existing reels;
- Tap on the three dots on the previously posted reels.
- Click on the “Hide Likes Count.”
- Enable the Hide Likes button.
How to hide likes on other people’s posts?
To hide the number of likes on Instagram on other people’s posts. Follow these step-by-step guides on your desktop or any smartphone:
On Your Desktop
- Open Instagram on any web browser.
- Go to “Setting.”
- Tap on “Privacy and Settings.”
- Then go to “Likes and View.”
- Click on “Hide Likes“
On Your Smartphone
- Go to your profile, click on the three lines at the upper right corner of the screen, and open the settings.
- Tap on Setting.
- Click on Posts.
- Click on the Hide Button. That’s it.
How do you hide your likes in future posts?
If you want to hide likes on your Instagram, all future posts. You have the option to hide likes.
- Go to your device and open your profile.
- Hit the three lines at the top of the profile.
- Go to setting and privacy.
- Next to hide like. That’s it.
- Go to your profile by hitting on the icon from the bottom left of the screen.
- Click on the three lines at the top of the screen.
- Go to settings.
- Click on “What your see.”
- Hit “Hide Likes” and turn off likes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I hide Instagram Likes at once?
No, you can’t hide the total number of likes at once. You need to hide one by one.
Can I hide my Instagram story likes?
No, the hiding feature is currently for regular posts, not for stories.
Can I hide the likes on my old posts?
Yes, you can hide; go to setting, advanced setting, and enable the Hide Likes.
Hiding Likes on Instagram is a good way to focus on your content. If you are facing the pressure of likes, then hiding the likes is a good option for you. To hide the likes is a straightforward process: go to the profile and open the menu by clicking on the three lines at the top right side. Go to settings and Hit the Hide Likes button. That’s it.
In this article, we learned how to hide like count on Instagram on Android and laptops. This guide will help you to hide your likes on Instagram.