There are times when you would like to revisit your old Instagram bios, old status updates, old photos or posts to see the quotes and fonts you used. But how to see old Instagram bios and texts on your profile? While this social media platform previously offered a simple method to revisit or copy your Bio, more is needed now.
However, there is still a workaround that you can follow to find your old IG bios on your phone (iPhone & Android) and the Desktop version of Instagram.
This blog post will describe a step-by-step guide to finding your bios and quotes or fonts in 2023 you used on Instagram.
How To See Old Instagram Bios on iPhone and Android?
Below is the complete guide on finding your previously uploaded texts on Instagram using your mobile phone (Android & iOS).
- First, open the Instagram account on your phone and open your profile picture from the bottom right corner.
- On the profile page, tap the three horizontal lines (Hamburger Icon) in the top-right corner of your phone’s screen.
- A pop-up menu will appear; choose Your Activity option from this menu.
- Once you open your activity, choose Account History from that page.
- Choose your bios under the Bio Section from the Account History screen. Click the Update Type from the drop-down menu at the top-right corner.
- From there, choose Bio and click the Apply Button.
- Now, you can see all the previously uploaded texts you have changed on Instagram.
That’s all! This is how you can find your old Instagram bios using the Instagram app on your iOS and Android.
How to Find Your Old Bios on Instagram on Desktop (Mac & PC)?
Below is the set of instructions letting Instagram users to know how to find previously uploaded Instagram texts on your Mac and PC.
- First, open your Instagram profile in a web browser on your Mac and PC.
- Open your profile icon from the top right corner of your PC screen.
- Now, choose Settings cog.
- From the popping-up panel, choose Privacy and Security on the left-hand side of your phone’s screen.
- Scroll down the new page that appeared until you find Data Download in the Two-Factor Authentication Tab.
- Paste your Email Address or username and choose your preferred data format, like HTML or JSON.
- After entering your Email address, enter your password to download the data.
- After some days, you will receive a ZIP file from Instagram containing your archived data.
How to See Your Old Instagram Bios From Settings?
Follow the steps below to learn how to find your ancient texts from Instagram Settings.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Access your Profile picture from the bottom right hub.
- Click on the Hamburger icon and open the Instagram menu.
- From the menu, tap the
- Now, click the Security option.
- This will open the Data and History From there, choose Access Data.
- Now click on the View All button under Former Bio Texts.
This is how you can find previously uploaded texts on Instagram via Settings.
NOTE: This is the former method of finding Instagram bios. It may not work on the latest version of the Instagram.
How to Find Old Instagram Bios of Others?
Follow the steps below if you want to look at other’s Instagram texts to check whether they have changed their previous personal information.
- Navigate to the user’s profile page whose Bio you want to see.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- From the popping menu, click the option About This Account.
- Now choose Former Usernames, which will open a list of former usernames or texts for this account.
- If the About This Account section does not appear before you, it shows that the user has not changed his data recently.
- If several usernames appear, you can also check the date they were changed.
How Can You Grab or Copy The Bio Text on Your Instagram Profile?
If you cannot copy the text from your Instagram bio, follow this workaround to do so.
- Take the screenshot of the personal information you want to revisit. It may include text or some quotes.
- Open the Google Lens App and choose the photo to extract the data.
- Google Lens App helps you select the text and copy it.
NOTE: To use the Lens feature, you must use the Google Photos app on your iOS. The second option is using the Live Text Feature in iOS 15 to extract the text from the screenshot taken.
- After extracting data, open Instagram and click on your profile icon.
- From the bottom, choose “Edit Profile.”
- Now, paste the copied text to update or change your Instagram memoir.
What Else You Can Find in the Archive?
While searching for the previous Biography, you may find other gems in the Archive. Here is what you can expect to find:
- Old Usernames: When you open your Archive box, you may find your old usernames.
- Bio Links: The Archive box may also contain old bio links of your other profiles like TikTok and Snapchat.
- Password Changes: From the Archive, you can see the password you used in the past. But you will not be able to retrieve them.
- Changes in Privacy Settings: You can also check changes in Privacy Settings, like when you made your account Public.
- Account Creation Data: Check out on which date you created your account.
- Login Activity
- Story Activity
These are some of your old memories that you can find when you open your Archive.
What Kind of Activities You Can Track In the Activity Section of Your Account?
You can trace back your time on Instagram from your account history, but the activity section of your account tells you even more. You can track the following activities from this section:
- Time spent on Instagram
- Archive of Photos and Videos
- Interactions such as Likes, Comments, and Story replies you received.
- Your Recent Searches
- The number of links you visited
- Archived and recently discarded or deleted content.
Frequently Asked Questions About Finding Previous Instagram Data
How do you check old Instagram bios on a web browser?
Currently, you can no longer check your Instagram bios via a web browser. It was a former method of finding Instagram bios that included visiting Settings -> Security -> Access Data -> Former Bio Texts.
How to delete your old bios on Instagram?
You cannot delete your old bios from Instagram’s database, but you can always change or replace the old one with a new one.
How many times can I change my Bio on Instagram?
There is no limit to changing your Bio on Instagram. You can change it as often as you want.
How do you see old Instagram stories?
To see your old stories on Instagram, click the three horizontal lines from your profile page and choose Archive, which features your previously uploaded stories on Instagram.
What other previous data can you access on Instagram?
Besides accessing your old bios, you can also access your old usernames, names, email addresses, phone numbers, bio links, login, and Story activity.
As we all know, Instagram is a leading social network where you can meet new people worldwide and share posts, videos, messages, and more. The app also allows you to see your old bios. In this blog post, we have comprehensively described how to see old Instagram bios you have uploaded in the past.
Many people don’t know how to find their old Instagram bios on iPhone, Android, or desktop. After reading this step-by-step guide, you can easily track your old bios, uploaded photos, stories, or videos on Instagram.