Are you going to share your device with others and want to sign out from YouTube? If yes, don’t worry- Here, we will explain a step-by-step guide on how to sign out of YouTube on any device.
YouTube is a great video-sharing platform where you can sign in via a Google account and browse content of your choice. At some point, like when sharing your device with others, you must sign out of your account on YouTube. Otherwise, they can mess around with your video playlists, histories, and recommendations, leave bad comments and upload adult videos using your Account. This can result in an account ban. Therefore, to save yourself from such incidents, you must sign out from the app on any platform you use.
This guide will discuss all the important steps to sign out from YouTube on Android, iOS, and the web.
QUICK ANSWER: To sign out from the app, click on your YouTube profile picture and select Sign Out or Use YouTube Signed. For iOS, these steps are different, and for Android, you cannot sign out of the platform directly; you will have to enable incognito mode or sign out of your Google account entirely.
Complete Guide on How to Sign Out of YouTube App on Android and iOs
The process to sign out from the YouTube app varies depending on the type of device and platform on which you are running YouTube. Here is the complete guide for signing out of your YouTube profile on different platforms and devices. Also, check the YouTube citation tips.
How to Log Out of YouTube on the Web Browser
Follow the steps below to logout of YouTube app into the desktop:
- Open YouTube on a web browser and click on the Profile icon.
- Different tabs will open; select Sing Out from there.
- This will also log you out of your account in Google Chrome.
- If you want to use YouTube without signing in, click on Continue.
- It’s done! You are signed out of YouTube.
How to Successfully Sign Out of a YouTube Account on a Phone or Mobile Site
If you are running YouTube on a mobile site, follow these steps to log out:
- Click on your Profile in the top right-hand corner of the web page.
- From the opened menu, click on yourAccount Name.
- This will open two options: Add Account and Sign out.
- Click on Sign Out.
How Do I Sign Out of YouTube on Android
Android users cannot sign out from the YouTube app directly. They will have to enable Incognito Mode, which lets them browse videos without Google tracking their view history.
To enable Incognito Mode:
- Click on your Profile.
- From the menu, click Turn on Incognito.
Signing out from your account on your Android device will also sign you out from all other Google apps like Google Maps and Gmail.
Follow these two methods to sign out from YouTube on Android:
FROM MOBILE APP:
- Open YouTube on your Android device.
- Click on your Profile icon.
- From the menu appears, click on your account name.
- After that, click on Manage Accounts.
- Select the Google Account on which you are using the app.
- Then, select Remove Account.
FROM MOBILE SETTINGS:
The second method includes using your mobile’s settings. Here is how you can do this.
- Click on the gear-shaped Settings button and open it.
- Scroll down and click on Users and Accounts.
- Select Google or the profile name from the menu with the Google icon.
- Find the Account you want to sign out and select it.
- Tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner and choose Remove Account from the drop-down menu.
Step-By-Step Guide to Log Out of YouTube App on iOS
To sign your account out of YouTube on your iOS:
- Open YouTube and tap Profile.
- Choose the Account Name you want to sign out.
- Select Use YouTube Signed Out.
TO REMOVE YOUR ACCOUNT:
- Click on your Profile Image
- Tap your account name at the top.
- Select Manage Accounts on this device.
- Click on Remove from this device under the Account you want to remove.
After finishing all these steps, you will be notified that you have been signed out of this app.
This guide has discussed how to sign out of YouTube. So, open YouTube on your PC or mobile app, click on your profile picture, tap manage accounts for mobile, and choose sign out. Android users must enable Incognito Mode for safe browsing without letting Google know about their view history.
Thus, follow these steps and successfully log out from your Android, iPhone, iPad, and PC YouTube account.
Frequently Asked Questions About Logout of YouTube
How do you sign out of YouTube on all devices?
To sign out of YouTube and from all other Google accounts on all devices;
- Open your account on Google.
- Click on the Security button.
- Then select Manage Devices.
- Click on every device and then choose Sign Out.
How do you log out from your YouTube Music account?
To sign out of YouTube Music in a web browser:
- Tap on your Profile icon
- Select Sign Out
In The Mobile App:
- Select your Profile Icon.
- Click on Switch Account
- Then select Manage Accounts
- Choose the specific Account you wish to remove or sign out
- Finally, tap Remove Account.
How do you sign out from YouTube TV?
To sign out of YouTube TV:
- Launch the YouTube app on your TV.
- Click on the left menu.
- Choose your Profile Picture in the top-right corner to open the accounts page.
- Select your account from the list.
- Click on the Sign Out button.
How do I sign out of YouTube on my Samsung phone?
There are two methods to help you sign out from YouTube on your Samsung mobile.
- The first method is to open your phone’s settings.
- Scroll down to find Apps
- Click it and open the YouTube app from the list.
- Click on YouTube and then tap the Storage and Clear Cache button. This will log you out of the app.
- In the second method, open YouTube on your phone
- Click on your profile image.
- Tap on the arrow next to your account.
- Select the Manage Accounts option
- Choose a Google account from there.
- Finally, click on Remove Account.