Unpublishing a Facebook page means that the page is no longer visible to everyone but is available for editing and publishing in the future. This can be useful if you want to remove the page temporarily or you no longer want to manage but want to keep the content; then the unpublish tool is the best choice.
If you want to update the page or change the brand name of the page without losing your followers, then it will be helpful. If you want to republish the page in the future, it does not affect your followers and the content that you publish already.
In this article, we learn about the reason to unpublish a Facebook page, the Difference between unpublishing and deleting a Facebook page, how to unpublish a page on desktop, iPhone, and Android, and what happens when you delete a Facebook page.
Reasons to Unpublish a Facebook Page
Here are common reasons to unpublish a Facebook page
- Change of Ownership: The new owner of the page wants to remove all the old content.
- Low Engagement: Low interaction means the page is not keeping valuation.
- Privacy: personal info may need to unpublish the page.
- Spam and Trolls
- Rebranding: The new FB Page replaces the old page.
- Temporary Unpublishing: The owner may take a break.
What Happens When When a Facebook Page Is Unpublished?
When you unpublish a Facebook Page, it becomes invisible to the public until you republish. Unpublishing a Facebook page means taking a break temporarily.
Only a page admin can view and publish or unpublish a page on Facebook. Followers cannot view the page and its content.
Unpublishing Vs. Deleting A Page
Here are key points about the unpublishing and deleting a page:
- Unpublish means to take a break.
- Deletion means to remove the page from Facebook.
- Unpublishing is temporary.
- Deletion is permanent.
How To Unpublish A Facebook Page?
Here are the steps to unpublish a Facebook page on different devices.
- Launch the Facebook App on mobile devices.
- Switch your account and click on three vertical lines at the top of the screen.
- Select the page option from the menu.
- Choose the page that you want to unpublish.
- Tap on More below the page name.
- Click on the Edit Page option.
- Go to Settings and select General in the menu.
- Go down to Page Visibility.
- Tap the Unpublish Option
- Open Facebook and access your account.
- Tap the Page option from the menu.
- Go to the published page to unpublish
- Tap on More under the page name or search bar.
- Go to the edit page tab.
- Go to setting.
- Open the General tab and go down to select the page visibility.
- Click on the unpublish option.
- Now, your page is unpublished.
- Open Facebook on the official website.
- Log In to your account and go to the home page of Facebook.
- Go to the menu from the left side of the screen and select the Page option.
- Choose the page that you want to unpublish and click on it.
- Scroll down and click on the settings icon to open the settings menu.
- Go to Page Visibility and click on unpublished.
- Next, click on Save Changes.
- Click on the confirmation box and unpublish the page.
How To Unpublish A Facebook Business Page?
- Log in to your Facebook Page Profile and go to the settings and privacy page.
- Tap on the View Button on the right side of the deactivation and deletion.
- Next, choose the deactivated page and tap on the continue.
- Choose the reason why you wish to unpublish the page. Then click on the deactivate button.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is Facebook Page Unpublishing?
Unpublishing means hiding a Facebook page from public visibility without permanently removing it. It can be helpful without losing followers.
Can I unpublish and republish the page in the future?
Yes, unpublish means do not delete it permanently; you can republish it again anytime.
Can I recover my deleted page?
Yes, you can undo deletion within 14 days once the page enters into the deletion phase. To cancel the deletion, go to page settings. Tap on cancel deletion and click to confirm cancelation.
Unpublishing a Facebook page is an easy process. You can unpublish your page in a few steps. Go to the setting and follow the mentioned guide. The page will be invisible to the audience, and all the posts and content will be hidden. Only the admin can watch the content.
Note: Unpublishing and deletion are two different; unpublishing is hidden from the page, and deletion is to remove the page from Facebook permanently. I hope this article will be helpful for you to unpublish the page. If you have any queries, drop down in the comment section.