Facebook features a block and unblock option that helps you regulate your profile access controls for other users on the platform. The block option helps you restrict the access of users sending you annoying messages or making bad comments on your Facebook posts.
However, if things get better and you want to reconnect with that person, the second option raises the question of how to unblock someone on Facebook. Here, we will discuss this in detail.
When you unlock someone’s Facebook account, the User can send you a friend request, view your profile, like, comment, and share your posts. But it all depends on your profile’s settings and permission controls. This article will show you how to unblock someone’s Facebook Account on a desktop, Android, or iPhone. Moreover, you will also learn to unlock someone on Facebook Messenger.
What is a Facebook Account or Profile?
With its 3 billion monthly active users, Facebook is an active communication channel for people around the globe. To use the app, people must create an account, known as a Facebook profile.
Facebook profile is a personalized space where users can post their daily life updates, share media, build a friend circle, connect with other global users, and add their personal information to engage based on Security Settings.
Users on their profile can upload photos and videos, send DMs, create events and pages, play games, send invites, watch live videos, follow artists, buy and sell local products, and join groups based on their interests.
You can control the content on your profile. For example, if you don’t want a user to view your profile, simply restrict them. To make your profile more secure, change your settings, update the password, manage posts on your timeline, edit profile information, restrict audience access, review tags, and run a privacy checkup.
What Does Unblocking Mean on Facebook and When to Unblock Someone?
When you remove restrictions from someone’s account, you permit the owner visitors to access your account. The users can send you a friend request, send DMs, add tags, mention you in comments, interact with your posts, and more. Moreover, they can see your public timeline, tag you in photos, invite you to events, and add you as friends.
Now, the question is when you remove people from the ban. The answer is simple. If you feel it’s time to start a fresh relationship with someone who annoyed you with frequent messaging by spamming your comment section, posting on your timeline, and tagging you in irrelevant images in the past, then simply remove restrictions from that User.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook Website or Desktop?
Follow the steps below to remove the ban from people’s accounts on the Facebook website OR WEB BROWSER through operating systems like Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- Open the Facebook website on your Desktop and log in by entering your Email Address or phone number and password.
- From the main page, click the display icon on the top right of the screen and tap Settings and Privacy from the Drop-down Menu.
- Open the Settings and Privacy menu and choose Settings.
- In the settings menu, you will see a list of options on the left side of the screen. From there, choose the Blocking option and click Edit against the Block Users Option.
- Now, tap on See your blocked list.
- You will see a list of users you have restricted when you click this tab.
- Now, hit the Unblock Button against the name of the person or User you want to set free.
- After selecting an account, tap Confirm from the popping-up menu.
That’s all! The User can now view your profile and all your public information on Facebook.
Unblocking Blocked Accounts on Facebook Mobile App (on iPhone and Android)
if you have blocked someone on Facebook and want to remove restrictions from accounts using the Facebook mobile app supported on multiple devices like iOS, Windows, and Android, follow the steps below
- Open the Facebook App on your phone (iPhone or Android), and log in using your Email Address or registered SIM number.
- Tap the Menu Option and choose Settings and Privacy.
- From the drop-down menu, choose setting.
- From the Settings menu, click on Blocking under Audience and Visibility.
- A list of previously restricted people will appear, featuring the Unblock option next to their names.
- Now, choose Unblock to confirm the action.
NOTE: Unblocking someone on Facebook does not automatically add them to your friend list; they will not get any notifications from Facebook that you have set their account free. For that to happen, either of you must send a friend request, which the receiver must accept. Moreover, there is no limit to how many times you can restrict or liberate a profile, but you must wait 48 hours to restrict them again after a ban.
Unblock People on Facebook Using Facebook Messenger App
to do this on Facebook Messenger:
- Log in to Facebook Messenger using your Facebook credentials.
- Tap the Hamburger feature on the top left, and select the Gear-shaped button to the right from the appearing menu.
- Scroll down and choose Privacy and Safety.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Blocked Accounts under Who Can Reach You.
- A list of users you have restricted previously on Facebook will appear.
- Click the Arrow icon next to the user name you want to release from the ban.
- Click Unblock Messages and Calls to remove the ban from that User on Facebook Messenger.
- Choose Unblock in the pop-up menu to confirm.
Here are a few more things to consider about restricting people on Facebook and Messenger.
- When you release people from the ban on Messenger and Facebook, you will receive calls and messages from their profiles.
- If you restrict someone on Facebook, their messages and calls will automatically be blocked on Messenger.
- You will not receive their messages or calls if you block them on Messenger. However, you may still see their Facebook posts, likes, and comments.
Do You Want to Unblock Someone from Your Company Page on Facebook?
Usually, you will prohibit the User from accessing your company page, which shares SPAM messages, trolls on your posts, and tags your page in irrelevant content. However, you might want to resolve the differences and remove the ban from him from your page.
Here is how you can do this.
- Open your Facebook Page.
- Click the Settings button.
- From the same Settings column on the left, click People and Other Pages.
- From there, you will see a list of all people related to your page, like page followers, other pages that like your page, users blocked on Messenger, and people banned from your page.
- Pick the User you want to release from the list and click the Gear icon in the upper right corner.
- Confirm the action by clicking Unban the User.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do you unblock your Facebook account?
To remove a Facebook profile from restriction, tap the Hamburger icon > Settings and Privacy > Settings > Blocking > Unblock.
How do I see my blocked list on Facebook?
To see your blocked list on Facebook:
Click Settings > Audience and Visibility > Blocking.
All the accounts you have blocked previously will appear in this list.
How long do I have to wait to block someone again on Facebook?
If you want to block someone again, you must wait 48 hours after removing the restriction from their account.
Do people know when they get unblocked on Facebook?
No! Facebook does not notify them when you remove their ban on the platform.
How do I unblock my Facebook account for 30 days?
You can submit a valid ID proof to Facebook within 30 days of blockage. Failing to do so will result in a permanent account ban. Thus, submit your request by logging in using your Email Address or phone number.
Can people view your profile when you block them on Facebook?
No! People you block on Facebook cannot view your account and interact with your posts.
In conclusion, we have described every step you need to know to unblock someone on Facebook. So, to remove a Facebook profile from restriction, open your Facebook Settings from the Privacy and Settings menu and click the Blocking option. From the appearing list, click on the Unblock button next to the username you want to set free.
We are glad the dust has settled, and the person you previously blocked is getting another chance. Remember, you must wait a while before you can block them again.
For further information, visit the Facebook Help Center, which provides several resources that guide you through this process. Now that you know how easy it is, start removing people from block you want to reconnect with.